Let there be light!
Location: Pata Rât, Cluj-Rampă county
Duration: December 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019
Sponsor: ING BANK Romania
Aim: To improve the quality of life of 27 families living in conditions of extreme poverty, by equipping them with solar panels and stoves, as well as training activities for parents and children regarding the personal hygiene, its importance for health and the prevention of certain diseases.
- 123 members of the 27 families who live in conditions of extreme poverty in the vicinity of the garbage dump, Rampă community, Pată Raț, Cluj: 48 adults, 75 children;
- 20 small (60%), medium (30%) and large (10%) private companies – informed and invited to join efforts to multiply the project.
- Improving the quality of life of 27 families by equipping them with solar panels and stoves, providing them with at least a minimal living comfort in their struggle for survival;
- Warmer and safer homes;
- Maintaining personal hygiene using water heated on the stove;
- 75 children can do their homework even after dark (as a result of installing light bulbs);
- Preparing a hot meal from simple, but nutritious ingredients;
- 20 private companies were informed about the activities and impact of the project, in an attempt to encourgae them to get involved in replicating the project
Aim: carrying out a pre-feasibility study of all the houses in Iazu and equipping the dispensary in Cojasca (Iazu, Cojasca